Monday, March 9, 2009

Will you write a review?

I've just finished reading another of Michael Pollan's books: In Defense of Food. The point he makes, and supports and elaborates in fascinating detail is "Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much." If you haven't read it, put it on your list!

Now I want to do more to promote my own Gone to Ground. Yes, books have been sold! (I've just received my February royalty check and we're going out for pizza!) Most sales have been through Amazon.com. We've planned readings/signings at The Four-eyed Frog in Gualala at 4:00 PM on Saturday, 21 March, and at The River Reader in Guerneville but I'd like to do more.

My question: If you've read Gone to Ground, would you be willing to write a short review for Amazon.com? You needn't have purchased the book from them. Just log on to www.amazon.com, click on "books" go to "Michael David Fels," click on Gone to Ground and write something about the book.

What can it hurt?

And . . . . if you enjoyed my book and think others might too, would you consider asking your local bookstore if they would host a reading/signing? I'll arrange for a complimentary copy of the book to be sent to them so they know what they are getting into. If your bookstore is interested, please have them contact Judy Rosales at her email: jrosales@mcn.org.

Here's to good reading and writing!

Gone to Ground is available at amazon.com, publishamerica.com,
and at independent bookstores everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment